298. Full Access 2012 – what a superb experience!
I have managed to attend seven free panels over the last one month at the Institute of Politics, University of Chicago and the wealth of knowledge these 90 minute sessions have imparted are immense. I missed a few due to conflicting schedules but hope to see them on Youtube.
The ones I attended are –
1.Inside the Presidential Debates: Preparing the Candidates on February 7th at Quadrangle Club with Karen Dunn, advisor and debate coach, Obama for America and Beth Myers, advisor and debate coach, Romney for President and moderated by David Axelrod
2. Perceiving a Presidency: How Voters Viewed Obama 2006-2012 on February 13th at Booth School with David Binder and moderated by Steve Edwards
3. Ads, Messaging and Media Buying in 2012 on February 26th at International House on February 26th with Larry Grisolano, director of paid media, Obama for America, Jim Margolis, media consultant, Obama for America, Ashley O’Connor, director of advertising, Romney for President and moderated by Jim Rutenberg, political correspondent for The New York Times
4. Media Relations in the Digital Age on February 27th at Quadrangle Club with Stephanie Cutter, deputy campaign manager, Obama for America, Ben LaBolt, national press secretary, Obama for America, and former deputy White House Press Secretary, Kevin Madden, senior advisor, Romney for President and moderated by Steve Edwards
5. Inside the World of Campaign Fundraising on March 5th at the new home of the Institute of Politics with Julianna Smoot, deputy campaign manager, Obama for America, Spencer Zwick, co-founder, Solamere Capital, and advisor for Romney for President and moderated by Jonathan Alter, analyst, NBC News/MSNBC
6. Looking Back & Looking Forward: Lessons of the 2012 Campaign on March 5th at International House with Ronald Brownstein, Editorial Director, National Journal Group; Visiting Fellow, Institute of Politics, Julianna Goldman, White House Correspondent, Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Television, Jonathan Martin, senior political reporter at POLITICO, Juan Williams, Political Analyst, Fox News; Visiting Fellow, Institute of Politics, Jeff Zeleny, National Political Correspondent, The New York Times and moderated by David Axelrod
7. A Conversation with Jon Huntsman on March 7th at Logan Center (which I’m looking forward to)
Thanks to David Axelrod, Steve Edwards and the team of students who put together an excellent series. I could not have asked to be in Chicago at a better time. I’m hoping I can take some of these learnings to India where I return to next year in time for the 2014 General Elections.